Biography of Ray Brown
- 1951 - 1954: Staff Sergeant, USMC, Korea
- 1954 – 1959: Brown University, BA
- 1959 – 1962: Philadelphia Divinity School, now Episcopal Divinity School, M. Div
- 1963 - 1966: Vicar, Whitefish, Columbia Falls and Eureka. Became self sufficient
- 1966 -1975:
- Dean of St. Peter’s Episcopal Cathedral, Helena. Instrumental in the formation of the
- Friendship Center,
- Helena Indian Alliance, and
- Montana Association of Churches (elected first President). Social issues, Civil Rights, Vietnam, Assassinations, Liturgical Change, Women Clergy.
- Board member, St. Peter’s Hospital (during design phase and move to new location),
- Helena School Board,
- United Way Board,
- State & National Church Boards.
- Chaplain, Montana House of Representatives, 1967 and 1969.
- 1975 -1983: First Administrator of the Montana Human Rights Commission. Responsible for Human Rights Act and Governmental Code of Fair Practices. Worked with EEOC and HUD at Federal level.
- 1983 -1986: Office of Public Instruction, Title IX, Vocation Education. Displaced Homemakers Award
- 1986 -1992: Chief, Civil Rights Bureau, Montana Department of Transportation. Civil Rights, ADA, Davis-Bacon, Minority Business.
- Montana Minority Small Business Advocate of the Year 1995 Award from SBA and regional runner up.
- Interim Priest at St. Francis and Incarnation, Great Falls, St. John’s, Butte. Standing Committee, Executive Council.
- 1992 -1997: Tribal Liaison, Director’s Office, Montana Department Transportation. Leadership in tribal work at State and Federal Level. Honored by Federal Highway Administration and Blackfeet Nation).
- 1997 – Retired from State Government.
- 1997 - 2000: Part time rector of Episcopal Church, Ennis, MT.
- 2001 - 2011: Filled two interim positions during transition periods at St. Peter’s Cathedral. Led workshops and leadership trainings for “troubled” congregations. Served on Boards o:f
- St. Peter’s Hospital Foundation,
- Holter Museum of Art and
- Helena Indian Alliance.
- 1972 - Present: Member Lewis & Clark Search and Rescue, served on Board and as Coordinator.
- 1983 - 1997: Part-time, pool Employee, St. Peter’s Ambulance, EMT-I
- 2001 - 2006: Firefighter, EMS, Baxendale Fire Department.
- 2005 - 2006: Incident Medical Specialist, USFS, Overhead Teams.
- 2013-2014 President L & C Search and Rescue Board, Responsible for SAR transition to Sheriff’s Office,(2014, funding, planning and beginning construction of new SAR Building
- 2015 - Appointed Captain, Lewis and Clark County Search and Rescue, Auxiliary Deputy by Sheriff Leo Dutton
- 2015 – Volunteer - USMC “Toys for Tots”
Brown, Ray and Barrett, Evan, "Biography of Ray Brown" (2016). Biographies and Photos of Series Participants. 52.