Author

J. L. Brown

Date of Award

12-20-1949

Degree Type

Report

Abstract

The original smelter, known as the Upper Works smelter, was located on the north side of the Warm Springs Creek, just 2 miles east of the city of Anaconda and 26 miles from the city of Butte. By the year 1894 this smelter had a capacity of 500 tons of ore a day.